1/8/08

my most faithful lover


I love the moon, it's been my most faithful lover. The moon is always there, like clockwork. An ardent listener to my songs, secrets, woes, and poems. it's waxing and waning make my womanly moods sing or sit quietly by under all its majesty.

I often remind my children, to thank the moon for lighting the night sky for our walk home from Grandma's, and the beautiful light through our window - perfect for an evening prayer, or a stolen kiss.

It's the same moon that Napoleon gazed at while dreaming of his Josephine, Rumi danced under, the Celtics prayed to, and Romeo met his Juliet. I wish the moon could tell me of all that he has seen. I would remind him how beautifully he lit the night while we swam in the Mediterranean, and how much I appreciated his solace in the vineyard so long ago...

I want to be extra soft so one day when my great great grandchildren beg "please majestic moon, tell us all she thought" - he will only glow in radiant silence.



No comments: