1/7/08



















I realize,
all those things
my body wanted
to scream
and
my hands
wanted to write
on the pages
of a torso....
My eyes,
say them now
without-
a sound.....




My children love looking through all of our old photo boxes of what life was like before they came to be. It is fun for me too, to answer their questions, see their giggles and confusion. I noticed my eyes are different now. They are full, and brimming, and happy, and have a light.

All those other things that I sought to fill me and empty myself into no longer exist in my life. There is no stunning home, no exotic vacations, the copious amounts of sex are gone, no dashing husband. Now my days are hugs around my knees, kingdoms in the clouds, songs to the moon, quiet, sunsets onthe patio, a bed full of clinging babies at night, vacations are a trip to the book store and a picnic at the park. People in my circle, think that it's sad, oh, "how well you've overcome"... I giggle inside, and smile kindly.... do my eyes betray my thoughts????

I wanted to be a gypsy, or something grand, see the world, cure death, and bathe everyone in an enchanting tale.... sometimes life knows best what we need. Or perhaps my eyes' glimmer is just a glazed over, 50 hour work week, mommy of three burnout???

No comments: