8/11/10

"'your clever mind will lead you"


think i’m gonna
go to the chinese place
for lunch
the turquoise one
down the block
with the
bad curtains
and
the good beans
get a fortune cookie
break it open
i need a new tao
a fresh perspective
maybe
i’ll pass the
homeless guy
that always suns
on the corner of
jackson and broad
and all the cosmos
will align again
to remind me
how lucky i am
for
breath, sight, home
when we walk
through the back alley
my friend’ll slip
his arm in mine
and remind me
that i am still touchable
perhaps
the owner’s daughter
will pat me on the thigh
with sticky little hands
like she did
when i took her photograph
in the spring
and
i’ll know
there’s still magic
buried beneath me
he and i will
laugh
swap stories
kiss on the cheek
finally
i’ll break open the crispness
carefully read
my six word future
ignoring the numbers
and
laugh at
my sloth like crawl
away from you

No comments: