5/3/09

Katherine



I am certain, were it not for Divineness, our paths would have never crossed. She hails from a blue blooded Yankee family, and I the Southern carpenter's daughter from a Tobacco Road Mama. She grew up the diplomat's daughter in Turkey. I grew up in a government house in the rural South... But what fulfillment our crossing paths have brought us.

I introduced her to cheap coffee, Bailey White, and remind her that one can hold nothing in their hands and still find exquisiteness in the hay bales against the blue sky, walks to the dollar store, and Merle Haggard on the patio. She taught me the proper pronunciation of "brie'", brought me scarves from Italy, believed my red cardinal story, let me weep in her vineyard, and yelled at me about the sparkling beauty within me.


Anais Nin said "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting, that a new world is born.". How true this is, and how surreal this world that we have created between us. And most amazingly, she always wears the perfect shade of a satin.


2 comments:

Venus de Pavo said...

Prolly the same kind of fella that oogles young, nubile, gals at Hooters.

mglee said...

[I decided to be M'glee for my name instead of M'vorn--that sounded sad all of a sudden!]

Add in a touch of Gretta Garbo, Rumi, Henry James, and Pogo. And that we both Chose The Moon Over Georgia (and porches or carports for listening to VERY TALL TALES!), rather than money (didn't know what to do with it anyway). Soft beds with babies and buddies all reading different books, or listening to the same! My nutty pecan pie, or your avocado spicey incredible pasta...all the flowers picked from the bushes to fill the houses. tin roofs. and hats (we do look divine in hats)! You are my powerful, soft, most lovely friend, Chrystal.